Third Eye Chakra
Third Eye Chakra, or Ajna.
Intuition, wisdom, reasoning. For a more detailed description please go to Additional Info.
- This representation of the Third Eye Chakra is made of sterling silver. It is slightly concave and shows a soft hammered texture. Approx 2.2cm wide. This pendant may be ordered as shown with lapis lazuli beads accented with turquoise or simply hanging from a chain which is accented with 2 lapis lazuli beads one on either side of the pendant. 16" + 2" extension.
Much has been written about this ancient energy system. Here's a brief description of the system, what each chakra represents and their associations.
- Root Chakra, or Muladhara. Meaning: root, foundation, support. Location: base of column, coccyx region perineum region. Body parts: bones, bone structure. Color: red. Stone/Crystal: garnet, hematite, ruby, onyx, among others. Positive archetype: The Mother (breeding, upbringing, nurture, self-sufficiency, responsibility) Negative archetype: The Victim (lack of energy, of authority and vital force) Objectives & Qualities: physical fitness, rooting, stability, security, patience, structure and the ability to manifest dreams. Emotional dysfunction: mental lethargy, vertigo, incapability of inner peace, difficulty to reach objectives. Life issues: to value the material is sacred, to recover the faith and confidence and to persevere. It is associated with the element of earth, and the sense of smell, and the action of excretion.
- Sacral Chakra, Svadhisthana. Meaning: "sacred home of the self" Location: bellow the belly button. Body parts: sexual organs, bladder, uterus or prostate. Color: orange. Stone/Crystal: Carnelian, tiger eye, citrine, onyx among others. Positive archetype: The Emperor (pleasure, abundance, entertainment) Negative archetype: The martyr (critic, sour, condemned) Objectives & Qualities: to allow pleasure, creative expression. Well-being, sexuality, sensuality, pleasure and abundance. Emotional dysfunction: unbalanced sexual expression, instability, feeling of isolation. Life issues: enjoy rest, nourishment, exercise, entertainment and money. To create healthy boundaries to protect life force. It is associated with the element of water, the sense of taste, and the act of procreation.
- Solar Plexus Chakra, Manipura. Meaning: "city of jewels" Location: solar plexus. Body parts: Muscular and digestive systems. Stone/Crystal: malachite, citrine, amber, topaz, among others. Positive archetype: The warrior (gives confidence, is creative and valuable) Negative archetype: The servant (needed, seeks approval, no authority) Objectives & Qualities: Purpose, efficiency, endurance and respect towards ourselves. Value ourselves, self-esteem, confidence, personal power, freedom to choose. Emotional dysfunction: the need to feel in control, sensitive to critics, addictive personality, low self-esteem. Life issues: to develop a strong and firm ego and to recognize that we are valuable for the simple fact we exist. It is associated with the power of fire and digestion, as well as with the sense of sight and the action of movement.
- Heart Chakra, Anahata. Meaning: unhurt, unstruck, unbeaten. Location: heart region, center of chest. Body parts: heart, chest, lungs, circulation. Stone/Crystal: rose quartz, diamond, emerald, malachite, jade, tourmaline, among others. Positive archetype: The lover (generosity, love, being open) Negative archetype: The actor (love with conditions, union for convenience) Objectives & Qualities: harmony, compassion, self-acceptance, unity, fraternity, purity, peace and innocence. Emotional dysfunction: dependency, melancholy, fear of solitude, fear of commitment and betrayal. Life issues: Allow love to be the center of your life. Make decisions by "following your heart." It is associated with the element of air, the sense of touch, and with actions of the hands.
- Thoat Chakra, Vishuddha. Meaning: pure, with purity. Location: throat region Body parts: throat, ears, nose, molars, mouth, neck. Stone/Crystal: turquoise, blue agate, sapphire, among others. Positive archetype: The communicator (open, sincere) Negative archetype: The silent child (prohibited communication, unexpressed emotions) Objectives & Qualities: harmony with others, to know oneself, creativity, expression, communication, humility, integrity, will. Emotional dysfunction: perfection, incapable to express emotions, blocked creativity. Life issues: Express our divine true self. Live in a creative way, channel our will. It is associated with the element Akasha, or Ether, and the sense of hearing, as well as the action of speaking.
- Third Eye Chakra, Ajna. Meaning: to command, summoning, knowing. Location: eyebrow region. Body parts: eyes, base of the cranium. Stone/Crystal: lapis lazuli, turquoise, apatite, amethyst among others. Positive archetype: The Sage (flexibility, humor, cultivating her knowledge) Negative archetype: The Intellectual (rational, objective, rigid, dry) Objectives & Qualities: capacity to "see" with something that is not the eyes. Wisdom, imagination, intuition, discernment. Emotional dysfunction: nightmares, hallucinations, difficulties in learning. Life issues: Distill knowledge from good and bad experiences. Choose life, health, joy and satisfaction on life's actions. Associated with the sixth sense, divine femininity and inner conscience, providing us with healing, vision and love, aiding us to see the inner light of all things and to value the best in everyone.
- Crown Chakra, Sahasrara. Meaning: lotus of the thousand petals. Location: just above the top of the head. Body parts: superior area of the cranium, cerebral cortex, skin. Stone/Crystal: amethyst, diamond, clear quartz, white jade, white tourmaline among others. Positive archetype: The Guru (happiness, gratitude, recognition of the divine, cultivation of all gifts and qualities) Negative archetype: The Egoist (arrogant, inflexible, absorbent) Objectives & Qualities: Amplitude of conscience, higher consciousness of the truth that one is all and all is one. Grace, beauty, serenity, be one with all that exists. Emotional dysfunction: depression, obsession, confusion. Life issues: Creation of a spiritual environment to sustain the experience of life.